This article will teach you how to help people find your farm on the Grassroots system. When the system went live, member information was set to private. Unfortunately, that makes it hard for people to find and contact breeders. We all know how useful this feature is. It’s like free advertising to people looking for our St. Croix sheep.
The good news is that it’s super easy to update your Data Protection settings. You should do it right now! You will be sure to sell your sheep much easier if you allow people to see at least some of your contact information.
Steps to help people find your farm:
- Log in to the Grassroots System.
- Click the orange Manage button.
- Confirm that all your contact information is correct. If not, please update it.
- Click the dropdown in the Data Protection field.
- Select the amount of data you want to be visible. If you don’t want to allow people to see everything, you should at least allow them to see an email, website address, or phone number. Otherwise, they won’t know how to contact you.
- If you need help, contact us.
Here is a video that walks you through helping people find your farm:
Learn how to use all the features of the Grassroots System by attending our Annual Meeting on October 28th, or by subscribing to our YouTube channel and watching the How to Use the SCHSB Registry System playlist.