June 6–7 in Bethania, North Carolina
The 2014 annual meeting of the St. Croix Hair Sheep Breeders will be held in Bethania, NC on June 6–7. The town of Bethania is a National Historic Landmark.
- Friday, June 6
- Meetings will be held at a conference room at the Hampton Inn and Suites. Speakers will include Dr. Susan Duckett from Clemson University and John Wilkes, a livestock marketing specialist. Morning presentations and demonstrations will be held from 9:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m., followed by lunch.
- Friday afternoon
- Farm tours will be held in the afternoon, ending with a sheep herding demonstration at Stauber Farm in Bethania.
- Friday evening
- A “farm to table” dinner catered by chef John Bobby will be held at Stauber Farm.
- Saturday, June 7
- The Saturday business meeting will be in the Alpha Chapel adjacent to the visitors’ center. Alpha Chapel can be viewed on the www.townofbethania.org website under “History.” The business meeting will be held from 9:00 a.m. until noon, followed by lunch and conclusion of meeting.
- After the business meeting
- Browse in Bethania or visit Old Salem, which is 20 minutes away, or Reynolda House, 10 minutes away. This area is a wonderful place for a family vacation, so members are encouraged to bring their children and make a mini-vacation out of the event.
- Rooms have been reserved at Hampton Inn and Suites University. The cost is $109+ with breakfast included. Their phone is 336-377-3000.
This will be an exciting event in a wonderful part of the country. Fascinating historic sites, gourmet meals, great fellow St. Croix breeders, and of course, St. Croix sheep.
Make your reservations today. We’ll see you in June!